Here’s two loops from the LLCC that scratch our itch to go beyond and get a bit Off Grid. We’d love for you to ride them whenever you like and let us know how you go. We’ll have some Pedla People heading out on these loops on May 7th from our Collingwood LLCC. If you’re planning on joining please register below.
The nature of these routes can easily lead to a group being split so we’d strongly recommend downloading the routes provided below to have on your head unit. Please remember that these rides and routes are on public roads and trails, so please be respectful of other trail users and courteous to those we share the road with. Both of these routes contain a variety of paved, gravel and trail sections with plenty of opportunity to make things more or less off road as you choose. Accordingly, we’d suggest a bike with tyres bigger than 28mm and you’ll have the most fun on at least a 33mm CX tyre.
We recommend taking enough food and water to get you through the course of either ride. On the bigger loop, if you need to top up there are water taps at Eltham Lower Park on the way out and there’s plenty on offer if you divert slightly off course and head up to the Smiths Gully General Store at the northernmost point of the ride.
Off Grid Gravel Loop - Short
Coffee on us until 8am roll out
45km | 399m
2-2.5hrs, returns 10:00-10:30am
An intermediate loop for riders new to the gravel scene, and just short enough to get you back to Collingwood for brunch.
Off Grid Gravel Loop - Long
Coffee on us until 7:30am roll out
113km | 2,036m
5-6hrs, returns 12:30-1:30pm
This is a pretty serious loop, and may contain some walking up the steeper sections.
These Terms and Conditions relate to a Rider’s participation in a Social Ride run by Pedla. By registering to participate in the Social Ride, you (the “Rider”) accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The Rider understands that participation in a Social Ride will involve riding outdoors, on public roads and paths used by other road users and acknowledges there are dangers in riding a bicycle and the associated risks with such activity.
- The Rider agrees that they have sufficient competence, skill, fitness and experience to participate in the Social Ride.
- The Rider agrees to comply with all road rules and instructions given by Pedla Ride Leaders.
- The Rider must be over 18 years of age on the day of the Social Ride, or attend in the company of a parent or legal guardian.
- The Rider must wear an approved helmet, have a well-maintained bike with working brakes and suitable tyre pressure for the conditions and be able to complete basic repairs.
- The Rider must carry two water bidons, front and rear lights and their own tool kit.
- The Rider understands that Pedla does not provide on-road support during a Social Ride and is not responsible for mechanical repairs, medical assistance or other services.
- The Rider agrees to hold their own insurance that includes personal injury and personal liability coverage
- Pedla reserves the right to cancel or modify a Social Ride at any time.
- Pedla may, in its absolute discretion and without giving reasons for its decision, accept or refuse a Rider’s participation in a Social Ride.
- In consideration of Pedla permitting the Rider to participate in the Social Ride, the Rider hereby releases and indemnifies Pedla any of its respective representatives from and against all and any claims, law suits, demands, liabilities, loss and damage (including indirect and consequential loss), costs, expenses and, interest, whether pursuant to common law or statute, that the Rider may suffer or incur arising from or connected with the Rider’s participation in the social ride including as a result of Valid as at 28/10/2021 until 28/10/2022 the negligence, breach of duty, breach of care or other fault or responsibility of Pedla, the sponsors of the Event and any of their respective representatives.